Tuesday, May 3, 2011



Lately I've been working with a youth who is experiencing severe drug-induced psychosis. He sees an entire world that isn't there, and has created the most intricate and well-researched stories about himself and his everyday life. He's absolutely brilliant, and if he wasn't my client I'm sure we would be good friends. We have a lot in common, and spend long periods of time talking about music and girls while eating lunch at Stepho's. He believes completely that the things he's seeing/saying are true, and that he is in fact a famous music producer working daily with the world's most well known artists. His entire reality is a complete fabrication, and I can't imagine how nice it must be to live in such an innocent, cathartic way. 

I ran for 12 kilometers on Saturday, and did 134 pushups. Then I ate alu tikki and three samosas from New Bhaia. 

Rick the cat caught a crow on Monday afternoon. He brought it into the house flapping wildly, and let it loose in the kitchen. My poor mother was unable to wrangle the thing, and after some time Rick captured it again and lied down with it in the back yard. He eventually killed it, and refused to share it with Lucy before coming inside again and destroying some of my mom's flowers. 


The picture above is of a goose outside Whole Foods. He was walking around honking and hissing at people and eventually tried to cross the street. He made it about half way, and then turned around and came back to his spot outside the entrance to the parking lot. Exciting!




The Duck rules. 


Gorditas in Greenwood is what's good. 

The last weekend I spent in Vancouver was in November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment